Preparing for Your Photo Session
We believe that the most important factor to a successful photo is that you enjoy yourself.
It really shows in the photos.
Just relax and have fun!
- It is almost always a good idea to have your makeup and hair done by professionals and we would highly recommend this to our clients.
- Generally speaking putting on makeup that you feel comfortable with and feel beautiful in will make you feel good overall and will help with the confidence in front of the camera.
- A good primer is essential for a smooth look and an oil free version is advisable.
- Matte makeup generally has a much better result on photographs as it does not make the skin look oily. Try to stay away from glossy or shimmering makeup unless you are going for a specific look.
- Add a little extra. When using a camera flash, the colors tend to get flashed away. So do not be scared to add a little extra.
- Overall smoothing and blending is very important. The flash tends to expose areas that has not been blended well and can cause harsh edges in your photographs.
- It is generally a good idea to apply your makeup in natural light as it will give you an accurate idea of what the makeup will look like on the photographs.
- Touch-Ups. Bring along any quick fix makeup along to your photo session as you never know when it may come in handy.
Clothing Selection Tips
Choosing the right outfits for your photo sessions can have a very big impact on the outcome of your photographs, therefor it is good to keep the following points in mind when choosing your outfit:
- For Couples, Friends or Family sessions it is good to decide beforehand if you will be wearing matching outfits or color schemes. This tend to be a good practice because in this you avoid one individual having a very contrasting color to the rest of the group and therefor taking the focus away from what is important, the faces.
- Keep your background or environment in mind. If you are planning a session on the beach against the ocean, be careful of Blue colors that will fade in with the ocean background, and the same way if your session is against a dark backdrop rather wear lighter color clothing.
- Bright colors can be very dramatic and look very well on certain single person portraits, however it is best to stick with pastel colored clothing that does not take the focus away from the faces.
- Confusing patterns can quickly draw the eye away from the focal point and therefor it is best to stay well clear of striking patterns or stripes unless you would want to obtain a very specific effect and look.
General Q & A
The first 30km are included in our packages, thereafter AA Rates will apply.
Accommodation will be required for any work where early mornings or late evenings are involved. Photo Fiction has to approve the accommodation but will always look for reasonable priced accommodation.
Yes, the official images you receive will have our branding on the image, but it will be small and unintrusive. We also ask that should you post any of the photos on social media platforms that you would please make sure to tag us or mention us in the post.
All images taken in your photo session with us is the artistic work of Photo Fiction and is Copyrighted under the Photo Fiction brand, therefore should we use any of the images on social media platforms or for other marketing purposes, the Photo Fiction branding will be added to the photo.
We will always strive to provide your photos as soon as possible as we know you are excited to get them, however please allow for up to 2 weeks for your images to be completed.
We realize that the weather can sometimes be less than ideal for your outdoor photo session and in the event of rain or stormy winds we can reschedule your photo session to a time that suits both parties at no additional charge.
We understand that sometimes life’s events are unavoidable and in the event that you provide us with at the very least 24 hours notice, we can reschedule your photo session to a time that best suite both parties.
In the event that you are running late, please inform us as soon as possible. Also please be aware that although we will try to accommodate you as much as possible, the shooting time might be shorter than expected because of the delay. Additional times can be booked depending on the type of your photo session.
Remember – Relax and have Fun!